Talk about the most important home appliances, and you have the refrigerator, which can be found in almost every contemporary home. In this post, we will talk about the common refrigerator problems and how you can select a repair service.
Common problems with refrigerators
- The cooling is ‘cool’ enough
- Ice maker doesn’t work
- Refrigerator doesn’t start or run
- Consuming more power than expected
- Noisy operation
- Door seal torn out
- Light bulb not working
- There is extreme frost buildup
- No water in the dispenser
- Compressor not running
A number of these problems mentioned above are related to years of use, and at times, it is best to replace the appliance, instead of spending frequently on repairs.
Should I call a repair service?
Unless you have repaired a refrigerator before, it is always better to call a professional service. Technicians working for koelkast reparatie services are trained, experienced and have the necessary expertise to handle different products and brands, and they can get the job done almost immediately. If your appliance is a new one, it is quite possible that you may get warranty on the repair work, which reduces the need for immediate repair expenses.
How to select a service?
- Make a shortlist. The shortlist can be based on suggestions offered by friends and family members, or you can also check online for local listings.
- First things first, check if the company is a known one. Check the reviews of the service online or call them and ask for references.
- Is the company licensed and insured? If not, you have reasons to look for other options.
- Do they have an in-house team? Don’t be surprised, but many repair companies do outsource repair contracts, and as a client, you cannot do much about the wrong repairs done.
- Check if their technicians are insured. Workplace accidents and mishaps are not uncommon in the appliance repair industry. If the technician is not insured, you might have to pay for the medical bills and other expenses.
- Is the estimate fair? Make sure that you have an estimate in hand before you give a nod to the repairs. Ideally, the quote should include the cost of everything, including replacement parts, if any.
- Is the company responsive? A good repair service should consider the requests of their clients and must take their convenience into account. Don’t rely on a service if they take more than 48 hours to respond.
Look for services now!